Health and Dental Coverage After Job Loss
In these uncertain economic times many of us have or may have to deal with the painful experience of loss of employment and along with that we must face the loss of our employment benefits such as health and dental.
One of our solutions is to replace that coverage with a benefit plan offered Manulife Financial called the FollowMe™plan which allows you to continue enjoying health and dental benefits even if your employment benefits end. There's no need to worry about interruption of coverage for you or your loved ones.
If you apply within 60 days of your loss of group health and dental benefits, you will qualify without having to complete a medical questionnaire. The FollowMe™plan has four levels of protection to choose from and you can easily select the plan that meets your specific needs.
What's covered under the FollowMe™ plan?
The following benefits are covered under all FollowMe™ Health plans at different coverage levels:
- hospital benefits (private or semi-private)
- Health Service Navigator® including World-Class Medical Second Opinions
- paramedical services
- homecare and nursing
- prosthetic appliances
- durable medical equipment
- accidental dental
- hearing aids
- accidental death and dismemberment
- survivor benefits
There are four levels of protection to choose from and no optional benefits.
- Basic – provides basic drug coverage.
- Enhanced – provides enhanced drug coverage.
- Enhanced Plus – provides enhanced drug coverage and basic and extensive dental coverage.
- Premiere – provides the highest level of coverage for drugs and dental. It provides coverage for major dental work such as crowns, bridges, dentures and orthodontics starting in the third year.